Monday, September 26, 2011

Moving Day

Well, at long last my change of command came and I am no longer in the Wings of the Eagle Battalion. For now, I am headed back to brigade. To do what? No one seems quite sure. As I have already said in my change of command photos I am sad to be moving on. Beyond the relationships, there is also the little matter of living in Kandahar. I get to go from living in a place with all those gorgeous mountains, clean air, and star filled nights to living next to a sewage treatment facility with 25,000 people (12,000 are not needed and are just sucking down your tax dollars). Also, I leave my old room and get to move in with someone else from brigade.
This was the door to my old room.
Comanchero 6 Ancient now

My old room. The rug where I would do yoga
at.

Pretty much all the furniture that I had. But
I was hardly ever there. All I really needed
was Skype.

The new room in Kandahar. My bunk is on
the left.

Half the reason I have so much stuff is because
I had to leave early from Fort Campbell and
they gave me a ton of stuff in country

No comments: