Sunday, September 25, 2011

I was packed...

Today was supposed to be the best day of the entire year. I was supposed to be headed for Kuwait to link up with Victoria to go to New Zealand. Right now that trip is not going to happen. It sucks tremendously, but the bottom line is that I messed up and need to address some things. Most of you that read this blog know the details. Im writing this not because I want anyone's sympathy, but because this blog is a story for me to share later in my life as well. So, every once in a while I think it is ok to show emotion on here. I took this picture before I knew the trip was over. Here are the things that I packed, I thought it would be interesting to see.

From left to right.
The black thing- A head lamp, never know when you will need one.
The plastic bag- soaps and other hygiene products you can get on an airplane.
Some nutrition bars - In case one of us needed something other than airplane food.
My bag - I found it while shopping with Mom the day before I left. It's color is "Coyote Brown" and is one of the authorized colors for the military.
Army PT's - So that I didn't have to be in camo the entire time in Kuwait.
A regulation frisbee - Victoria and I have had some bad experiences with Frisbees (reference Destin, FL) So I wanted to be able to play Frisbee for more than a few tosses.
Smartwool Sweater - If you don't have one, get one for goodness sake. Best clothing item ever.
My Leave Packet - filled with a ridiculous amount of paper saying that 100 people have approved me to go to NZ and that I know how to defuse an international nuclear terrorist situation while there.
My passport - Thanks Mom and Dad. Even if I do look like an inmate.
Some BA civilian clothes that Victoria sent me - you don't wanna hang out on the beach in PT's. The black shirt is super soft.
A green army long sleeve shirt - This was actually for Vic, I got issued two and I love them. I figured she would enjoy one as well.
A&M Sweats - Thanks Garrett for helping me show school spirit.



1 comment:

Yellow Rose said...

Doesn't look like a lot of stuff. Oh, you do the inmates proud.