Friday, November 28, 2008

5 (Turkey Day 1)


Wow, I slept all day. I didn't get to bed until 4 am, but I slept till 4 in the afternoon. Bill F., one of the other guys in our shop thought that I had gotten up and went running or was busy out starting the hand over with my counter part. No way. The food was actually pretty good at the mess hall. Mrs. Caffey would kill me if she heard me say that. She is in charge of food service for our brigade and she has reminded me time and again that they are now called Dinning Facilities or DFAC's, not Mess Halls. The origin is actually from French for a portion of food . After dinner I went to the office since I still had to wait  6 hours before the Cowboys came on. This is just my temporary office, and actually isn't very interesting, but hey I can't spoil you with all the sights at once.

No comments: