
Bunker's. I am glad that we were not here when they had to build these, because that would have been a pain. Anyway, these are spread out all over Bagram incase of a mortar or, more likely, rocket attack. They favor the 107mm rockets because they are easier to set up and just put on a timer. The few attacks we have had have not been successful though. They usually miss pretty badly.
4 comments:
Can those things survive a direct hit? Concrete doesn't look very thick.
I don't know. You should do the engineering and let me know. All I know is that they are better than our plywood buildings. Actually, those bunkers could probably take a few direct hits.
we have those all over iraq too. what makes me laugh is they tried to "beautify" some of them around the IZ - so they didn't look so obnoxious. fortunately there haven't been any occasions i would need to use them yet - i've always already been in a hardened structure when the alarm goes off.
Post a Comment