Tuesday, December 9, 2008

16 (Birthday 1)


It is funny how much we all enjoy getting mail. I think it is a combination of mail being a little bit of a surprise and a little bit of it being all for you. Surprises are great, even when you kind of already know what they are. It is also nice to see your name on a parcel, because you know someone (even if it is the automated machine at Amazon that labels packages) is thinking about you. The mail schedule is very odd here, I have had packages take as little as three days to get here and as long as two weeks (sorry Garrett). On my Birthday I don't think I actually received anything, but I already received packages that I was waiting to open. For me, that made it a good birthday. Even though the Army is going to claim the last year of my twenties here in Afghanistan, at least it started off right. Thanks Mom, Dad, Victoria, Garrett, Missy, Glenda, Aunt Carolyn and everyone else.  

3 comments:

Hunter said...

Did you decorate your cake?

Halconegro said...

No, still haven't decorated it, but the rice krispies were delicious.

Hunter said...

Oh - sorry you didn't have a "wild party" with cake and party favors!