Why I am cold at night. I am old because we can't hav heater. We can have electric blankets, but not heaters. Technically, we have heaters. They are at either end of the hallway in our B-Hut. However, my room in "Parrot Bay" is completely insulated from the inside out, meaning the cold air comes in through the outer wall is kept from proliferating to the rest of the B-hut by my inner walls. Great design (I am working on fixing that). The rest of the rooms have cutouts above their doors for the air to flow. In my room it is really not bad because I just leave the door open when I sleep during the day (I am really not cold at all, thanks for the blanket Vic). But, the reason we can't have heaters is because they ran a test on a B-hut they were tearing down to see how fast it would burn to the ground. In 10 minutes it did. Therefore I check the batteries in my smoke detector religiously.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
18
Why I am cold at night. I am old because we can't hav heater. We can have electric blankets, but not heaters. Technically, we have heaters. They are at either end of the hallway in our B-Hut. However, my room in "Parrot Bay" is completely insulated from the inside out, meaning the cold air comes in through the outer wall is kept from proliferating to the rest of the B-hut by my inner walls. Great design (I am working on fixing that). The rest of the rooms have cutouts above their doors for the air to flow. In my room it is really not bad because I just leave the door open when I sleep during the day (I am really not cold at all, thanks for the blanket Vic). But, the reason we can't have heaters is because they ran a test on a B-hut they were tearing down to see how fast it would burn to the ground. In 10 minutes it did. Therefore I check the batteries in my smoke detector religiously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is the whole thing just plywood?
Yep, pretty much just one big box of laminated wood.
Post a Comment