Friday, December 12, 2008

20


Everyone loves a good Bazaar. Every Friday they have one a base. Dontaye and I went and checked it out after we got off work. They had the typical Afghan goods including rugs, pots, and Hukahs. Dontaye found a chess set that he liked and that the vendor was wiling to part with for a reasonable price. I didn't have much cash, and really didn't find anything that I had to have. So I settled for the satisfaction of haggling over a pot that I ended up not buying. Unfortunately we are relegated to shopping at the market on post. I would much rather go to one in Kabul, but that might have to wait a few years.

5 comments:

Victoria Montemayor said...

I bet you'll find lots of cool stuff, but you're right.. sometimes it's more fun just to negotiate and see how good of a deal you can get!

Hunter said...

Looks like lots of interesting stuff. Is it all American dollars? A good place to sharpen your negotiating skills!

Richard said...

What's the best way to ship/mail you stuff?
Richard

Kristin said...

How do you know that you're getting an authentic rug and not a mass-produced imitation?

I want a rug!

Halconegro said...

If you want to ship stuff you just send it through regular old snail mail. The address is:
Erik Waters
HHC 159/ TF Thunder
FOB Bagram
APO Ae 09354.

As for the rugs, it is all about the quality. It really doesn't matter if it is hand made. Just like anything else the softer and heavier it is the better the quality.