Tuesday, December 16, 2008

23 (The Prez)







So how did I get this picture? So there we were at this event for a VVIP. They had us all bunched together at the back of the building waiting for other special guests to fill in the seats at the front. Finally they let us move up to the front part of the stage and I was standing next to the walkway railing with a bunch of our soldiers and I noticed there were bleachers right behind the stage that no one was sitting in. So, I went over the railing onto to the stage and ask a junior NCO that looked like he was in charge if it was ok that we sat there. He said he "thought so" and got my name and rank so he could go ask a Sergeants Major for me. I tuned out everything after "thought so," because that was close enough to yes for me. I went back to the part of stage where my soldiers were standing at and started to point them out one by one and had them come over the railing. All of a sudden the entire crowd was shouting and making faces at me to select them to sit up on stage. So, I picked as many as we could fit and we got VIP seats.
We still had to wait for a while but finally the Prez showed up. He talked for a while and then afterwards he came to the back part of the stage. When he got to my area I said "Gig'em" and he replied, "I was just there." I said, " I know," and then I told him how I attended he father's grad school. He replied, "Hot Damn" and grabbed the back of my head and pulled me in for a hug. Then I told him how special I thought his father was and he agreed and wished me good luck. The end.

3 comments:

adam said...

i knew 43 was taking a final tour of Iraq and Afghanistan and it's funny that he ended it all by giving you a hug. Hot damn!

sorry about the slingbox, we'll get it figured out soon.

Kristin said...

Hot damn. That's awesome - a presidential hug!

Hunter said...

Awesome! (...and hot damn!) Glad you showed a little Aggie ingenuity to get on the stage. Great photo!